Our mission is to serve our community in forming young girls and boys mindful of their ability to shape their future, dedicated to giving the very best of themselves, and capable of rising to the diverse challenges in our ever-changing world.
St. Joseph School (K-8) serves students from diverse backgrounds and from broad geographic areas. The school has been an established part of the Redding community since 1946, when the Sisters of Mercy held the first classes in the church basement on Court Street. At the time, enrollment was only 35 students.
By 1953, a new school was completed on Gold Street and a year later the first commencement exercise for St. Joseph School was held. During the 1990s, St. Joseph expanded the facilities by adding a new wing including a science lab and music room. These additions kept in line with our mission of educating the whole child. Beginning in 2014, the current wave of renovations began featuring updated facilities from a new campus office and entry to an engineering lab for Project Lead the Way. We have also invested in the curriculum and technology integral to a 21st century classroom including mobile Chromebook and tablet labs for each classroom.
St. Joseph is an outstanding educational community due to the dreams, hard work, support and cooperation of countless stakeholders for decades. Thousands of children have benefited from this dedication. As we celebrate our 71st anniversary, we rededicate ourselves in service to our community.